14 May 2017

Tattered Lace Back to Black Launch - Design team samples

Monday will see the launch of a new die collection from Tattered Lace dies.

Back to Black is a collection full of stunning nature themed dies, landscapes and animals are the focus of this launch and boy is this a must have.

I was given 3 dies from the collection to use for my samples and here's what I made.


This simple card uses an embossing folder in the background for some subtle texture. The sunflowers with the script give a lovely card which could be used for so many different occasions.




Again I used an embossing folder for a soft textured back ground and then paper pieced the flowers using brown, orange and green card. I added the script in orange to tie everything together.




I've found that I like to stick with a colour pallet and theme when making my samples, this way I find my inspiration comes easier and I can create more sample in the time I have. 




This time I utilised the torn edge hexagons to mat and layer and then cut the flower heads from the facing the sun die to create a little flourish of flowers in the corner. I used the script die and separated it in to two pieces to tuck in behind the hexagons.





I wanted to make something a little bit more grand and decided to use the Vase die for an earlier release along with the flowers.

I placed the flowers from the Hazy-days-sunflower-die into the vase and used the Script-background-die waste to add some Versafine ink through and apply some bonding powder which I heated the placed transfer foil on top.

The vase was foiled using sticky roll (double sided sticky sheet)


I hope you'll watch the launch at 8am Monday on Create and Craft TV

  • Sky 674
  •  
  • Freeview 23
  •  
  • Virgin 748
  •  
  • Freesat 813
  •  
  • Apple TV
  •  
  • Amazon Fire


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.