25 September 2016

Live life Now - Visible Image

Today I thought I'd share something a little different,  a wall hanging that I created last week using Visible Image stamps and the Gelli Plate.

I had a idea that I wanted to create something that expressed a poignant message while being a bit fun too............



I had created several black and white prints on my Gelli Plate and knew I wanted to do something a little different with them so I started by tearing htem into strips and gluing them to a piece of hardboard using Mod Podge Matte finish. I also cut several hexagons from the same papers and added them. Once dry I highlighted areas where papers met using a White Posca pen.


I used one of the skull stamps from the "Mr Bone Jangles" set and heat embossed a few of them Using White embossing powder.  I also embossed some Ripples from "The ripple effect" set but this time used Black embossing powder.


I stamped, embossed and fussy cut Mr bone jangles himself to add to the hanging, I wanted a little more texture behind him so placed him on "tuck in" die cut from Tattered Lace.


I added some distress ink to Mr Bone Jangle so he wasn't to stark and looked more muted. I also wrapped the edge of the board with Duck tape.


I stamped embossed and cut out a sentiment from the "Tomorrow doesn't exist" set and added the to the left of the hanging, again adding some distress ink to continue with the colour theme.


The sentiment "Live like tomorrow doesn't exist" together with the skeleton gives us all a reminder that we need to live now and enjoy our lives...........(wow, that got a little deep)

Here's a list of the stamps used to create this project;


Thanks for taking the time to stop by, I'd love to know what you think of my project so please leave me a comment T x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.