10 March 2016

Tutorial 14- Distress Inks tie-dye watercolor effect (Part 2)


So here we are, part 2 of the distress ink tie-dye tutorial. I will be showing you how I used the amazing overlay in my crafting to create not 1 but 2 cards!


For this stage I will be using

My decorated overlay
co-ordinating paper from the Craftwork Cards Celebrations paper pad
double sided tape
a card blank
Cadni fix foam pads
a craft knife
metal ruler
Hi Tack glue
and my trusty pergamano tool
twine




I started by cutting a piece of the blue paper to the same size as my card overlay



On the reverse of my overlay I added the candi fix pads to the die cut chevrons and removed the backing with my pergamno tool ***TOP TIP- My tool has a very small needle style tip for paper piercing, I used it once and slightly bent the tip but have found it is perfect for removing the backing from Candi fix, I stab at the foam pad and pul up and the backing comes away so easily, no picking at it with your fingers nail***



I then layed my blue paper face down onto the overlay making sure to keep things lined up square, i pressed down to make sure the foam pads stuck and then turned it over and removed the main body of the overlay



This is what I was left with, I love it so much.  As the chevron elements are die cut some of them have little pips that require a nip with scissors of a quick sand with a nail file.



I stuck the chevron embellished paper onto a card blank using double sided tape




 I then added some twine down the spine or the card for some extra texture 


And here is the finished card using what would be classed as waste material.



Next heres what I did with the main overlay



 I attached it to a card blank using Hi Tack glue


I love the colours and how it just pops


I stamped a couple of sentiments using Black ink onto the overlay


and then added some blue pearl gems


the finished card, I hope you'll agree it's a very modern and funky and would suit many recipients.  

I hope to bring you many more tutorials and hints and tips very soon
T x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.