19 September 2015

Drab to Fab

Drab to Fab


Yay it's the weekend! I hope you've all had a good week and have lots of fun planned for the weekend, I'm off to the handmade fair at Hampton court tomorrow and I'm very excited.

It's been a while since my last post and I've been busy working on some upcycling projects that I'd like to share with you.

I purchased this nest of tables from a carboot sale for £3, I think you'll agree that they look rather outdated and drab


After some sanding, painting, staining and waxing they now look fab, the legs are a powdered purple look and the tops are a medium brown satin stain



The other thing I've been busy working with is a folding occasional table that I brought form ebay for £10.20


Not exactly a showstopper, but now it's looking rather yummy


I saw this piece being advertised on a recycling website and knew it could be given a new lease of life, unfortunately due to camera malfunction I don't have a good before picture but these 2 photos will show you just how bad it was



It took a lot or work to give this cupboard a good finish and I thought we'd never have something that looked as good as this but perseverance payed off and now I have another stunning piece of furniture in my home






The last project I wanted share is an old one but as it was my first and the one I'm most proud of I though you'd like to see it, it was in someones front garden ready to be thrown away. 


I don't like mahogany so it had to be sanded and given some TLC, several coats of paint, wax and wood stain later and it's got a new home in my lounge.



I hope you like my recent projects, I'll be back soon with more, until then take care T x

#upcycle #repurpose #chalkpaint #anniesloan #craft c


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.