23 May 2015

Window display.....tutorial 4

Afternoon all, I was asked yesterday how I created my window display card and how I achieved the curved window, well here goes


I start with a piece of card measuring 8.5x7.25 inch



At either end of the card I then score at 0.5, 1, 1.5 inch


Then in the center panel I mark a frame/border of 3/4inch all the way around, see below



I then fold the  scored edges, remove all the card form within the border/frame using a craft knife and metal ruler


I the use double sided tape to attach the acetate, the acetate measures 5.25x6.75 inch 


You can use an inkpad or promarker to edge the inner opening


I added a border of paper along the edge of the front frame



I cut a base card of 7.25 x 5.5 inch and added a patterned panel of 7.25 x 4.5inch


I decided on my decorations and gave them a bit of dimension by bending and curling them


Everything is then stuck on to the base panel and then the front window is attached using double sided tape



I then cut some bunting style letter flags, spelling out my sisters name and attached them using foam pads


This is how it looks when it's done


If you do make one please share the finished item with me at 
https://www.facebook.com/where.the.craft.is

T x








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.